In collaboration with Martin Leroy Terquem
from Aupiho - Domaine de Manville
FOR THE BRIOCHE :
- 2 vanilla beans
- T55 flour 250g
- Eggs 100g
- Milk 20g
- Salt 6g
- Granulated sugar 35g
- Baker’s yeast 30g
- Butter 65g
- Butter for kneading 200g
- Lilamand Candied fruits 150g
FOR THE SYRUP :
- 100g of water
- 100g of sugar
FOR THE FINISHING TOUCH :
- Lilamand Candied fruit 150g
1. In the mixer, put all the ingredients in the bowl (except the kneading butter) for 7 minutes on first speed. Knead for 1 minute on first speed and 1 minute on second speed.
2. Leave 40 minutes in the bowl and put in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
Finally, roll out the dough lengthwise, place the butter in the center and then cover it with the two ends.
Start the puff pastry. Roll out the dough lengthwise and fold it in 3. Turn the dough a quarter turn to the left and repeat the operation.
3. Cut strips of 18cm long and 4cm wide and form an accordion with the strip.
4. Place the strips on a baking sheet with parchment paper around a 10cm circle.
5. Spread the folds around a 24cm diameter circle and insert the fruit in each loop.
6. Grow for about 2 hours at 27 degrees and cook at 150 degrees for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the syrup by heating 100g water and 100g sugar.
7. At the exit of the oven, brush with syrup.
8. Arrange the candied fruits on the crown and sprinkle it with pearl sugar.